Become a Friends of SCAC Volunteer!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Friends of SCAC!
New Volunteer Orientation & Mentorship Process
1. Please submit a completed volunteer application (click button above to view and print application).
2. Completed applications may be returned in the following ways:
Email: Once you have completed and signed the document, you may scan it and email it back to email@example.com.
Mail: Friends of SCAC, PO Box 9742, Springfield, IL 62791
Bring it with you to New Volunteer Orientation! (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP so we know you plan on attending! )
3. Once we receive your completed application we will email you with upcoming available orientation dates and times. Please email us back and let us know which session you plan to attend. All New Volunteer Orientations take place at Sangamon County Animal Control & Adoption Center, 2100 Shale Street, Springfield, IL
4. Review the“Pre-orientation Volunteer Code of Conduct” document (click button below to view/print). In this document, you will learn more information about the new volunteer orientation process and what is expected of Friends of SCAC volunteers. This is also the document that we will go over at the New Volunteer Orientation.
5. Attend the scheduled orientation and take a tour of the facility!
6. Following the New Volunteer Orientation, prospective volunteers must complete a mentorship period. We will match you with an experienced volunteer who will show you how to properly and safely handle and care for the dogs and cats at the shelter. After the orientation, please email email@example.com with your upcoming availability so we can coordinate your mentorship.
After completing orientation and a successful mentorship period, the Sangamon County Department of Public Health requires all volunteers to spend at least six hours in one six-month period on site at Sangamon County Animal Control & Adoption Center working with the adoptable pets.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.